Monday, August 22, 2011

Establishing ties

"To me, you are still nothing more than a little boy who is just like a hundred thousand other little boys. And I have no need of you. And you, on your part, have no need of me. To you I am nothing more than a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world . . ."  - From The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery.



The fox teachs the boy how to make friends and keep them. He says later on that they have to establish a time that the boy will come so the fox will know when he is coming and be ready for his visit. The fox put in a simple way how a relationship is build. And how you keep it.
This book is supposed to be a kid book but I believe it has the important things in life that we as adults forget about all the time... I remember I was told when I was younger this is a book to be read once in a while because every time it will look different.
For me this is a true every time I need to think or just make a decision this is the book that helps me.
And for all the adults, remember (I'm included in this):



"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. You are responsible for your rose . . . "
"I am responsible for my rose," the little prince repeated, so that he would be sure to remember. 
From The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery.


No comments:

Post a Comment